Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
Embedded Software Engineer - 003Q5G
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Currently we are looking for an embedded software engineer, who is responsible for design, develop and testing of embedded software You are end-to-end responsible for releasing your code and implementing it with the understanding of the existing software architecture.
- Produce high quality and maintainable code (C, C#, C++) to implement innovative applications for embedded devices.
- Work with Agile team and perform code reviews, design reviews, testing and documentation.
- Analyze high level requirements and translate them to detailed specifications.
- You will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of real-time embedded software for industrial controls.
- A Master or Bachelor's degree in Computer engineering / Embedded systems or related
- Knowledge in industrial communication protocol is an advantage.
- Experience with developing PLC communication drivers.
- Experience with Operating Systems, preferably real-time operating systems, C/C++ in an embedded environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Use Agile software development practices to design and test our products using Continuous Integration
- Fluent in English
- Knowing Japanese is an added advantage
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Primary Location: US-Ann Arbor-Michigan
Other Locations: US-California-San Diego, US-Arizona-Phoenix, US-Rhode Island-West Kingston, US-Florida-Orlando, US-New York-New York, US-Massachusetts-Boston, US-Texas-Houston, US-Texas-Dallas, US-Tennessee-Nashville, US-Texas-Austin, US-North Carolina-Charlotte, US-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, US-Missouri-St. Louis, US-Michigan-Detroit, US-District of Columbia-Washington, US-Georgia-Atlanta, US-Ohio-Columbus, US-Washington-Seattle, US-California-Los Angeles, US-Nevada-Las Vegas, US-Illinois-Chicago, US-California-San Francisco.
Unposting Date: Ongoing